TJM Stealth Series Winch with Synthetic Rope 10,000lb.
- Everyday Low Price $999.95
- Please enter your quantity
- Add to Cart
- This product usually ships in 24 hours.
TJM Stealth Series Winch with Synthetic Rope 10,000lb.Stealth Series Performance Winch 10,000lb.
A TJM winch is the essential risk management tool when venturing to remote locations and upping the stakes of your 4WD adventure. TJM winches operate using a rotating drum system with super strength synthetic rope. Catering to different vehicle weights, TJM winches can be fitted to the front or rear of the vehicle then attached to nearby trees, rocks or TJM ground anchors.
TJM Winch Rope
TJM Winch Rope is made using the world's strongest synthetic rope, Dyneema (SK-75). TJM winch rope is only a fraction of the weight of steel cable, but is impressively up to 45% stronger. This makes the TJM winch rope more convenient and safer than conventional steel wire cable, and unlike wire cable, synthetic winch rope has minimal snapback on weight limit exceeded breakages. Due to the rope's light weight, TJM winch rope handles easily and even floats on water. This makes the M-P winch rope great for rescues in water, on steep hills or in mountains, where weight really matters. More advantages include no curls, kinks, wire splinters or sore fingers. TJM synthetic winch rope comes with stainless steel thimble and a 10 ft. heat guard to protect the rope from winch overheating.
Solenoid vs. TJM Gen2 Contactor Winch Control:
Solenoid: 1940's technology. Specifically, the electro-mechanical solenoids used to control the high-amperage power to the winch motor. There are usually four, two for powering the winch motor & drum "in" and two for "out". As an example, take look at t the solenoids from the Warn winch (pre 2011 and current VR models) above. These solenoids on a modern planetary winch are either under a black plastic cover or integrated in the winch body/cover. These Warn solenoids above are just old Ford tractor "starter" solenoids. They are prone to corrosion and failure, and can in fact fail in the "closed" position, which means your winch runs-on and can't be stopped without disconnecting the battery - not fun if you are winching "in"! Mostly though, they just quit working at the most inopportune time, right when you really need your winch!
TJM "Contactor" Winch Controller: A much better device for controlling winch motor power is the TJM DC contactor winch controller. Contactors are better sealed to corrosion, take up less space, and most importantly are designed to fail in the open position so your winch can't run-on. This single TJM contactor can replace all four solenoids..
- Extreme duty 7hp motor*
- Built in wireless remote
- Synthetic rope
- Aluminium hawse fairlead
- Over-sized locking hook
- Patented knurled & hardened drum
- Matte stealth black finish
- Externally mounted battery switch
- Mil-spec braided battery cables
- Lifetime warranty
- Safety: Both steel and synthetic lines give a very small amount of stretch, the equivalent of less than 1% at breaking pressure. This tiny amount of stretch stores kinetic energy that is released when the line breaks. Since steel winch line is much heavier than synthetic line, the force of that stored energy is devastatingly powerful, particularly dangerous with people near. The synthetic line is so light and therefore stores less kinetic energy, which when released, the winch line virtually falls to the ground with a fraction of the force of steel. For this reason, Of-Road racing sanctioning bodies do not allow steel cables because of their inherent danger. Synthetic winch lines are now mandatory.
- Ease of Handling: Steel winch cables have a tendency to kink, rust, and have very sharp strands once nicked. They also tend to straighten by the nature of the material making them harder to spool back on the winch properly. Our synthetic winchlines have none of these problems. However, synthetic lines are more susceptible to sharp edges (bumpers in particular) and heat, but they are much stronger, safer and easier to work with.
- Strength: Dyneema® synthetic winch line fiber is up to 15 times stronger than quality steel and 45% stronger than Aramid fibers on weight for weight basis. This means the replacement synthetic winch line is typically 45% stronger than steel cable! Steel cables are typically sized to match the strength of a winch. For example a 9,500 lb capacity winch will have roughly a 9,500-10,000 lb capacity steel cable. The replacement synthetic line would be 5/16" (7.9mm) or 3/8" (9.5mm). TJM Trail Lines are rated at 13,000 lb (4,6 metric ton) for the 5/16" and 19,600 lb (6,2 metric ton) for 3/8", making them approximately 27% and 49% stronger on the conservative side.
View TJM Winch Rope
View Product Warranty
|TJM Stealth Series Winch with Synthetic Rope 10,000lb. Specs|
|Part Number: 947US10PDS|
|Rated Line Pull: 10000 lbs., (4535 kgs.) single-line|
|Motor: Series Wound 12V 7.0 hp,|
|Electrical Controls: Contactor|
|Remote Control: Wired & Wireless Included|
|Geartrain: 3-Stage Planetary|
|Gear Ratio: 212:1|
|Clutch (freespooling): Sliding Ring Gear|
|Brake: Automatic in-the-drum|
|Wire Rope: Synthetic Rope 80ft of 3/8"|
|Fairlead: Black Aluminium hawse fairlead|
|Recommended Battery: 650 CCA minimum for winching|
|Battery Leads: 2 gauge|
|Finish: Matte stealth black finish|
|Weight (kit shipping): 60lbs|
|Winch Dimensions: 22.25 x 6..75 x 7.5" (L x W x H)|
|Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10.0" x 4.5" (254mm x 114.3mm)|
|12V DC Performance Specs Performance specs are based on first layer of drum|
|Line Pull Lbs.(Kgs.)||Line Speed FT./min(M/min.)||Motor Current||Pull by layer-layer/Lbs(Kgs.)|
We Also Recommend
Hi-Lift 60" All Cast Jack
Heavy-weight Series Winch: 16.5ti
Bubba Rope Original Bubba 7/8" x 30' Snatch Rope