JKS Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit
- Everyday Low Price $375.00
- Please enter your quantity
- Add to Cart
- This product usually ships in 24 hours.
Accessories and Upgrades Selection
JKS Front Track Bar & Sector Shaft Reinforcement KitOne Convenient Kit Solves Two Critical Problems for the 2007-2016 Jeep Wrangler JK
Large diameter tires and hydraulic-assist steering can play havoc on Wrangler JK models if the front track bar and steering box are not reinforced. The chassis can only flex so far before something has to give. The factory track bar mount on the chassis is particularly vulnerable to extreme forces. Crank on the steering wheel too hard and you risk tearing the OE mount completely off of the frame.
Unfortunately, the output shaft on the steering box is even more troublesome. The internal bearings that support the shaft are poorly positioned and low-quality causing them to wear out very quickly. Some indicators include a noticeable "clunk" noise and excessive play in the steering wheel. And since the OE steering box is not serviceable, the only option is to replace the entire assembly.
The core component is the Front Trackbar Chassis Brace - a heavy duty reinforcement bracket that slips over the factory track bar mount and connects the chassis and OE mount at eight additional points. Once installed, the upper track bar mount becomes rock solid and strong enough to withstand any amount of punishment.
Also included in the kit is the Front Chassis Brace Connector. This heavy duty support strut connects the left and right chassis rails together using flexible mounting points at both ends. The benefit is a front chassis structure that is unitized but still allowed to flex torsionally. The Chassis Brace Connector also distributes chassis loads more evenly between the left and right frame rails. As a result, vehicle handling and steering responsiveness are improved.
The final component is the Sector Shaft Brace, which keeps the sector shaft stabilized within the steering box. It does this by adding an additional support bearing at the bottom of the sector shaft. This converts the shaft mounting configuration from single- to double-shear and eliminates any side loading. As a result, the shaft remains concentric within the steering box at all times and steering input is transferred to the wheels more efficiently. This alone can extend the life of the steering box dramatically.
Installation of the Trackbar Chassis Brace is a simple bolt-on procedure. Once installed, the chassis brace actually serves as a mounting point for the Chassis Brace Connector. This ensures that all steering and track bar forces are applied to the strongest part of the vehicle’s frame. The other side of the support strut is mounted to the opposite frame rail with a weld-on double-shear bracket. A spherical rod end at each end of the strut eliminates any binding when driving off-road.
The Sector Shaft Brace mounts directly to our Front Trackbar Chassis Brace using premium grade hardware. This rigidly secures the sector shaft to the left frame rail and locks it in position. It also attaches to the inner chassis rail via a weld-on mounting fixture. And finally, the Sector Shaft Brace attaches to our tubular Front Chassis Brace Connector which crosses over to the right frame rail. With the Sector Shaft Brace securely connected to both chassis rails, the vehicle becomes more responsive to steering input and the driver notices a better sense of control through the steering wheel.
- Heavy-duty reinforcement bracket strengthens and supports OE track bar mount on chassis
- Dramatically increases track bar load capacity to accommodate large tires and hydraulic steering
- Prevents damage and deformation of weak factory track bar bracket
- Evenly distributes track bar forces to both chassis rails
- Heavy-duty bearing fixture stabilizes and supports steering box output shaft to prevent the leading cause of premature failure
- External bearing supports sector shaft below pitman arm converting factory steering box from single-shear to double-shear
- Double-shear design eliminates side loading of sector shaft to prevent wobble and premature wear of internal bearings
- Reinforced sector shaft dramatically improves steering responsiveness for greater control, handling and driver confidence
- Installation requires welding.
- Requires OE type steering box.
- Compatible with Rubicon and Unlimited models.
- Not compatible with TeraFlex, Rubicon Express and Rock Krawler track bars.
- Not compatible with frame-mounted track bar drop brackets.
- Requires JKS Adjustable Trackbar PN OGS121 on vehicles with high-steering kits.
- 2.0" of lift or more
This product fits the following applications:
- 07-16 Jeep Wrangler JK