JKS Front Quick Disconnects - Jeep CJ5-CJ7-CJ8
- Everyday Low Price $120.00
- Please enter your quantity
- Add to Cart
- This product usually ships in 24 hours.
JKS Front Quick Disconnects - Jeep CJ5-CJ7-CJ8Based on the original swaybar disconnect design introduced by JKS in 1989, the JKS 2.5"-6" Quick Disconnect for the CJ5, CJ7, CJ8 is an economical alternative to our premium Quicker Disconnect for CJ and YJ models. Fifteen years later, the original Quick Disconnect continues to be one of the best selling swaybar disconnects on the market. With over a decade of refinements and a simple, yet effective design, it's easy to understand why the original Quick Disconnect by JKS might just be the best value in off-road performance.
JKS Quick Disconnects utilize a two-piece design, with the upper half installed on the swaybar and the lower half installed on the axle. A heavy duty male-to-female connection and stainless steel lynch pin secures the two halves together for safe highway operation.
Once off-road, and with the vehicle parked on a level surface, the user simply needs to remove the lynch pin from each Quick Disconnect, swing the swaybar up, and secure it to the vehicle. The procedure is reversed to reconnect the swaybar.
JKS Quick Disconnects are manufactured from premium heavy-gauge steel and MIG welded robotically. A durable powdercoat finish is applied for long-lasting protection. Flush mount grease zerks and unique, fluted polyurethane bushings are installed at each end to ensure proper grease distribution and easy maintenance.
History in the Making
Originally developed by JKS in 1989, the swaybar "quick disconnect" enabled Jeep® owners to temporarily disconnect the front swaybar from the axle for maximum off-road suspension performance.
The amount of additional suspension travel gained with the front swaybar disconnected was dramatic - at least 30% in most cases. This proved more than enough to ensure constant contact between tires and terrain in the majority of off-road situations.
Furthermore, JKS discovered that rear suspension performance also improved off-road when the front swaybar was disconnected. Without any modifications, the smaller less-restrictive rear swaybar could operate more effectively due to the additional leverage created by the front suspension.
- Dramatically increases suspension travel and improves off-road performance on stock or modified Jeeps
- Costs far less than lockers, tires, lift kits, and other accessories with comparable performance benefits
- Heavy gauge steel construction and computer-controlled MIG welding ensure unsurpassed strength and quality
- Durable powdercoat finish and stainless steel lynch pins provide excellent corrosion resistance
- JKS exclusive Dura-Thane™ fluted bushings distribute grease evenly to maximize longevity and minimize noise
- Zinc plated and powder coated for protection against corrosion and road debris
- Utilizes same bend as OE link for proper tie rod clearance (YJ model only)
This product fits the following applications:
- 76-83 Jeep CJ5
- 76-86 Jeep CJ7
- 81-86 Jeep CJ8