JKS Rear Coil Spring Retainers
- Everyday Low Price $35.00
- Please enter your quantity
- Add to Cart
- This product usually ships in 24 hours.
JKS Rear Coil Spring RetainersIf you've installed longer shock absorbers on your Jeep without securing the coil springs to the axle, you may have unknowingly created a dangerous situation for yourself. The extra suspension travel you gained could actually cause a coil spring to become unseated at the worst possible moment. Fortunately, JKS offers an inexpensive and simple solution to this increasingly common problem.
With our Coil Spring Retainers installed, you eliminate the possibility of losing a coil spring on the trail. Just bolt them directly to the lower spring mounts and you no longer need to fear disaster when your suspension reaches maximum droop. Regardless of conditions, the coil springs will remain attached to the axle at all times.
JKS Coil Spring Retainers are machined from premium grade 6061 aluminum into a slim, contoured shape that won't interfere with spring compression. A tapered fastener maintains the sleek appearance when installed. To ensure the spring retainer never becomes loose, a Nylock mounting nut secures it from beneath the spring mount.
Most lift kit manufacturers offer longer shock absorbers for your Jeep, but very few will warn you about the impact they have on spring retention. While longer shocks are likely to increase suspension travel, they can also allow the coil springs to become unseated from the axle. If you're lucky, you will only be faced with the challenge of reinstalling the coil spring in difficult conditions. If you're not so lucky, that dislodged coil spring could be the least of your concerns.
- Prevents coil spring from becoming unseated when suspension reaches full extension
- Eliminates threat of coil loss on the trail for improved safety
- Accommodates extended length shock absorbers for increased suspension travel
- Provides inexpensive insurance for an otherwise expensive problem
- Easy bolt-on installation can be completed in just a few minutes
- Compatible with Rubicon and Unlimited models
This product fits the following applications:
- 07-16 Jeep Wrangler JK 4WD