Power Steering Shaft
Borgeson View all Borgeson products
Power Steering ShaftBorgeson Power steering shaft for 1972-1986 Jeep CJ.
Jeep's original steering shaft assembly was not designed for the added stress of body lifts and oversize tires. Borgeson's replacement assembly has a telescoping shaft with two precision needle bearing u-joints.
The steering assembly is easy to install with common hand tools. Once installed, you will experience much tighter and more responsive steering. Borgeson makes an upgrade for the 1976-86 CJ which offers a vibration reducer. This was never available from the factory.
- Collapsible: Yes
- Collapsed Length (in): 26.000 in.
- Extended Length (in): 33.000 in.
- Universal Joints Included: Yes
- Rag Joint Included: No
- Vibration Damper Included: No
- Shaft Style: Splined ends
- Steering Box Shaft Diameter (in): 3/4 in.
- Steering Box Splines: 36
- Column Shaft Diameter (in): 13/16 in.
- Column Splines: 48
- Steering Shaft Material: Steel
- Steering Shaft Finish: Natural
- Quantity: Sold individually
- Power Steering Only
View Product Warranty
This product fits the following applications:
- 76-86 Jeep CJ5 Pwr. Steering
- 76-86 Jeep CJ7 Pwr. Steering